I hope you enjoy the recipes found here! The recipes are compiled from different friends. Each recipe will say whose kitchen it came from :) if it's not marked it came from mine. (or I found it somwhere, tried it & loved it)

If you would like to submit a TRIED recipe that you love, please send it to: missysrecipes@gmail.com

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cafe Rio Pork

Jon kept saying, "this really does taste just like Cafe Rio!"

1 pork loin or roast (2-3 lbs) (I did a 4lb & was glad I did)
salt & pepper
1 garlic clove (minced)
water
enchilada sauce (to taste) ....(or salsa)
brown sugar (to taste).....(I used 2 cups)
2 cans Dr. Pepper
1 small can green chilies (optional...I didn't use it)

Put roast & garlic in crock pot. Add water (fill crock pot about half full) add salt & pepper. Cook on low for about 5 hours.

Remove roast, drain water & return to crock pot. Add 1 can of Dr. Pepper & 1/2 C brown sugar (to start off with). Let roast cook on low 3 more hours.

Cut off any fat & then pull apart roast. At this point it becomes your tastes. ***Add enchilada sauce, more brown sugar, Dr. pepper & green chillies if u want them. The more brown sugar & Dr. pepper the more sweet it will be.

**The Dressing is what makes this so good, so be sure to get that recipe!......
***I used 1/2 a can of Green chili Enchilada Sauce (Hatch was the brand...medium) & put that along with Pace Salsa (medium) in a blender together.....I didn't measure the salsa. Don't think you can go wrong. The taste was just perfect!!

No comments: