I hope you enjoy the recipes found here! The recipes are compiled from different friends. Each recipe will say whose kitchen it came from :) if it's not marked it came from mine. (or I found it somwhere, tried it & loved it)

If you would like to submit a TRIED recipe that you love, please send it to: missysrecipes@gmail.com

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mexican Bean Soup

1/2 pound ground beef (I used 1lb)
1 medium onion
14 1/2 ounce whole tomatoes, chopped (I used 1 can diced)
15 ounce can black or kidney beans
7 ounce can corn
8 ounce can tomato sauce (I used 2, 8 ounce cans)
2tsp chili powder or a taco seasoning packet (I used HOT seasoning packet)
1 1/2 cup water (I didn't use water)

In large saucepan, brown beef with onion. Stir in remaining ingredients & simmer for about 30 min. Serve with crushed tortilla chips, cheese & sour cream.

*I didn't use any water. Didn't even notice it was there until after I made this recipe! It didn't need it though & when I make it again, I won't use water. I didn't drain my cans though (beans, corn etc.) & did use 2 cans of tomato sauce......I also added 1 can of green chili's

No comments: